Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sukkah planning


Sukkot, one of my favorite holidays, is coming up fast, and it's time to switch from redecorating the bedroom (still only half-done) to dragging out the poles and hardware for our temporary home.

Visiting Creative Jewish Mom's blog today reminded me that I had wanted to add more hanging lanterns inside the sukkah last year, and I settled on these, ordered at wholesale price from Koehler.
I will re-use the beautiful fabric sukkah sides I created last year (see them here), and should probably start thinking about adding some decorations.

I do want to keep it simple, but it was nice bringing some of the potted plants inside, and having outdoor cushions/etc that matched. I'll try to print out, decorate, and have laminated some of the Sukkot blessings. Maybe we could get some of the toddler's art laminated too - we certainly have a ton of it hanging around!
Although Bad Cohen likes to mock me for treating Sukkot like the Jewish Christmas, come on! It's greenery, it's decorating, it's food, it's guests - all the good parts of what I had growing up without the awkwardness of the extended (very Xtian) Swedish family. So I'm going to try to finish freezing our pears and plums tonight, in order to clear the way for baking special Sukkot cookies - Pepparkakor, my grandmother's Swedish spice cookies. Yumm!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sara Rivka said...

Hi Tzipporah, Thanks so much for linking to me. Hope the rain holds off and the menu sounds great! Succot is my favorite holiday too....
Chag Sameach!

10/01/2009 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home