Thursday, September 03, 2009

If I won the lottery...

Read a rather silly piece on HuffPo today about how to think long-term in your financial and life planning.

The "where do you want to be in 3 years" question is easy:
  • own a house
  • be at a diff job or have more interesting duties
  • have finished my book on being a young well-spouse
  • son in public school (it's free! and all-day! hooray!)
  • Bad Cohen has reached some equilibrium with his fibro

But the lottery question reveals how really sick and twisted I am.

I don't immediately start thinking about what I want to buy.

Instead, I'm thinking about how much I have to set aside for each extended family member so that we don't seem selfish. Never mind that they're all currently much more well off than we are.

See? messed up.

But if family weren't an issue:

  • Travel. First-class. See old friends abroad, see new sights, go back to places I miss in Israel and Europe.
  • Create the garden/landscape of my dreams: not huge, but done right, really lovely, something I will enjoy spending time in.

Mmm, that's all I can really think of right now. Although it would be nice to have a house big enough to keep all our books in a separate library room instead of cluttering up the rest of the house.

(Who am I kidding? We'd just end up buying more books and regenerating the clutter.)

Oh well, a girl can dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Wilde said...

Your dreams sound lovely. And best of, totally realizable. Aren't those the best kinds? I mean, given enough time, I'd think you'd have all of them, even your garden.

9/04/2009 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home