Thursday, August 25, 2011

Snow in August

No, Cleveland weather isn't quite that strange. The Kid found a new activity yesterday - breaking up extra pieces of styrofoam from the move into "snow," otherwise known as a big freaking mess in my living room.

Since I'm kind of at the end of my parenting rope, I let him do it, with a warning that he would have to vacuum it up afterwards. This led to about an hour of vacuuming, during which he used the tiny little attachments to clean the A/C vents and gouge even MORE styrofoam out of the block and straight into the vacuum. Believe me, I'm not complaining - it's the cleanest things have been since we moved in.

A return visit to the Natural History Museum (yes, we got a membership) saw four hours of kid-centered activities, during which I:
  • petted a taxidermied squirrel
  • attempted to explain climate change to a 5 year old
  • prevented any number of near-fatal altercations over using the kid-sized cranes and building equipment
  • shelled out $19 for lunch and parking, and counted it cheap
Clearly I have used up all my mom resources, since this morning sees me blogging while he watches multiple episodes of "Might Machines" in his pajamas. Stay tuned for news of raiding the local Target for 24 small glue sticks and other ridiculous school supplies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home