Thursday, July 07, 2011

Lemons to lemonade? Loving what is.

I'm working on being grateful for good things, so my challenge for myself for today was to make a list of all the GOOD things that come from moving our whole family across the country.



  1. There will be wardrobe boxes to play with/in after unpacking. (Trust me, with a 4/5 year old, this is HUGE)


  2. I can try out some new square-foot gardening type ideas by using only my outdoor pots for the rest of the summer.

  3. I will get to meet LOTS of cool new people


  4. Perhaps I, too, will be Hot in Cleveland

  5. I finally won't have to share a bathroom with my cats' litter box! (yay, basements)


  6. Lots of new restaurants to try


  7. The first real break from my job in 7 years (of course, I need a new one...)


  8. Rearranging furniture etc. in a whole new house (I actually love doing this)

OK, that's all I can do for now. What about you? What upcoming stressful thing can you turn into a list of things to look forward to?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Leah Weiss Caruso said...

Well I, for one, am looking forward to meeting you and your family face-to-face!

7/07/2011 10:30 PM  
Blogger VickiB said...

The break thing is so important. Trust me, you will love those couple of weeks before you find a new one.



1. We can meet in the middle in Pittsburgh! :D

And here are some of my personal ones:
1. I hate studying, but like being at universities
2. New house means lots of workouts taking care of it
3. Spending money on said house means higher resale value later on

7/08/2011 10:03 AM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

Yes, the problem is, when I have time off, I start to wonder why I would ever want to go back to work at all...

(That's usu. the point when Bad Cohen starts waving the checkbook around and reminding me)

7/08/2011 1:58 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

1. New food.

2. New clothes becuase of diiferent climate.

3. There's a river there, right?

And what really makes it special: melodic pigs!

7/08/2011 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Michael Lewyn said...

Having lived in Cleveland, here's what I like:

1. Beautiful, safe, walkable inner suburbs. I especially love the cliffs of Lakewood on the West Side, and the stateliness of the areas near the Shaker Rapid.

2. More laid-back than coastal cities North and South.

3. Neat ethnic food (though having given up pork, there's lots of eat I wouldn't eat any more!)

7/11/2011 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Michael Lewyn said...

By the way, this is a website I created a long time ago when I lived in Cleveland.

http://lewyn.tripod.com/index.htmautofree

The details of bus routes etc are, I suspect, obsolete. But I suspect that the general descriptions of Cleveland neighborhoods are still pretty accurate.

7/11/2011 10:09 PM  
Blogger The Rebbetzin's Husband said...

One more: Cleveland is a hub for Continental, so you can go see a lot of other places easily?

7/12/2011 1:53 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

OK, wow, the pigs. Um, thanks?

Michael, I've been warned that biking is unsafe there, because drivers literally *do not see* bikers. The fact that the Cleveland Heights website links to online pamphlet called, not "How to drive safely" or "Driving Laws" but "How to Not Get Hit By Cars" makes me nervous.

7/12/2011 6:41 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

RH - yes, I do love the idea of traveling, and we're hoping to see my relatives (east coasters) who have never met The Kid in person.

7/12/2011 6:42 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

Moon over Parma - opening song of the Drew Carey show for a while. But happy pigs are so much more, don't you think?

7/13/2011 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home