Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This Little Mommy Stayed Home

Very, very soon, my best friend is publishing her very first book. I've had the privilege of reading the first chapter and I've been bugging her ever since for the rest of it, since it was sort of like eating half an appetizer and a sip of champagne - I want the rest of the meal!

Unfortunately, I have to buy it to see more.

Humbug.

So, on June 23rd, I will be buying many, many copies of This Little Mommy Stayed Home by Samantha Wilde and giving them away to every mommy (or soon-to-be-mommy) I know. And I highly recommend you do the same. Or, at the very least, stop by her blog, Wilde Mama, for a little dose of her humor.
Since we can't all have Sam come stay for a postpartum visit, this is probably the next best thing. Enjoy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Wilde said...

Thank you! Best friend. Dear Toad. I would GIVE you a copy of the book, but it only costs $11 bucks, so really it's fit even for this economy. Also, I only have one copy--an advanced readers copy--and my husband has been reading it for the past few months...hmmm. Apparently it's only a pageturner for people I'm NOT married too!

5/13/2009 8:33 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

Well, frog, that's why we have friends. Husbands are fine, in their places, but they really don't appreciate the finer things in life. :)

5/15/2009 3:06 PM  
Blogger GRANT!PATEL! said...

Toad!?!?!?! Dear Toad???!?!

Are you a relative of ATBOTH?

Inquiring deviants wish to know.


---Grant Patel

5/20/2009 3:25 PM  
Blogger GRANT!PATEL! said...

And I note that miss Wong has a thing for frogs. Her best friend, so she says, is a frog named Richard that sits on her desk and eats cake.
My, this is all most peculiar indeed.


Grant Patel

5/20/2009 3:27 PM  
Blogger GRANT!PATEL! said...

If anything, I am a lizard. Not an amphigbian. Does, by the way, the odd amphibian who comments on several blogs, also roost here?


---Grant Scalytail

5/20/2009 3:28 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

Grant, neither Tzipporah nor Samantha Wilde are relatives of myself, nor, in all probability, of Snooky.

And the odd Amphibian is actually an old friend commenting under a plurality of nommes de guerre.

The frog Richard is a very personable green individual, somewhat minty looking, with a white abdomen, a friendly face, and sleepy pop-eyes. Very boyish. There is no indication that he eats too much cake. Snooky sent me a photo of him.

5/20/2009 7:56 PM  
Blogger GRANT!PATEL! said...

I am entirely unconvinced. Six degrees of separation. With a foreshortening by reason of Judaicity.


---Grant Patel

5/22/2009 2:58 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

Ah, Grant, that's an old reference to the children's books about Frog and Toad (ie., "Frog and Toad are Friends," etc.).

By dint of personality, I was Toad, while Sam was clearly Frog.

No relation, I assure you.
:)

6/02/2009 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home