Thursday, April 30, 2009

Celebrating Poop*

No, not as in political poo-flinging, but honest to goodness, potty-training poop.

In the potty.

The cute little blue one, that looks like it ought to be a Japanese footbath, or a designer doll-bathtub.

I'm not counting my underpants before they're... umm... not hatched, maybe just bought? but the toddler did his usual post-bath run back and forth to the potty last night and squeezed out an actual poop.

A big one.

Then another little itty bit.

Which landed on the floor. (Don't worry, I scooped it up right away).

We were careful to praise thoroughly, and reward the toddler with 5 chocolate chips, a treat normally reserved for Shabbat.

Who knows, maybe he really will be potty-trained before kindergarten!!


(I kid. He's 2 1/2.)

*Give me a break. My life is poop and work and fence-repair and cooking and watching my husband take pain pills. If we can't celebrate what we've got, how will we keep from going crazy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Wilde said...

Well, done! Great triumph! Do delight in the little things in life, like poop...And you know, if he's not potty trained by college, you can count on him bringing home some very scary girlfriends.

5/01/2009 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home