Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy St. Markdown's Day!

I'm instituting a new holiday.

Since Bad Cohen and I don't really "do" Valentine's Day, what with its overly-commercial tone and the whole historical-excuse-for-a-pogrom thing, I am declaring that the Wednesday (or Thursday, or whatever) following it will henceforth be known as:

St. Markdown's Day

and will be celebrated with the purchase of attractive yet cheap flowers and chocolates, rescued from the "Sale" carts at the front of the grocery store.

Poor little things, left all forlorn to be repeatedly marked down. Won't somebody think of the poor chocolates?!?

Yum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Wilde said...

I will think of the chocolates! I will help them. I will give them a home! I feel for the, I really do. I will sacrifice!

2/20/2009 11:46 AM  
Blogger GRANT!PATEL! said...

Samantha, you would probably like Snooky Wongs little blog:
http://deathbynoodles.blogspot.com/

She has an entire sidebar filled with chocolate links.

I, persanolly, prefer the Markdown holiday - it speaks to my intrinsically penny pinchin side. It comforts the little cheapskate within.


---Grant Patel

2/26/2009 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home