Monday, February 09, 2009

Tu B'shevat - time to plant

Yesterday I planted two varieties of blueberry, Bluecrop and Berkeley. (I really wanted an Earliblue, but they didn't have any other early-midseason bare-root cross-pollinators, so I moved it up to midseason varieties. A Spartan or a Duke would have been nice.)

I'm also plotting to acquire some Seascape strawberries, which are just the most delicious ever, and very prolific at the farmer's market, so they must grow well here.

In the meantime, there's not much else to do. Impatient gardeners have a hard time in January.

Of course, there's always weeding and laying down more stonework for the paths.

Yuck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Wilde said...

Amazing. We are in knee deep in snow. What a lovely world you've got over there!

2/12/2009 2:05 PM  
Blogger therapydoc said...

I love that video you put up below. Thanks.

2/15/2009 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home