Monday, March 19, 2007

My Four Questions

Just in case you haven't had enough Pesach-prep at your own house. I've been trying to think of questions to provoke my in-laws at the (usually tedious) family seder:

  1. Why doesn’t the haggadah mention Moses? Wasn’t he the star of this film?
  2. Why do we say that G-d brought "me" out of Egypt? I’ve never even been there.
  3. Jacob and his family went down to Egypt because of famine. Why didn't they go home when the famine was over?
  4. Why do we say, "Dayeinu," it would have been enough, if G-d hadn’t done all he did?

My answers coming soon. Feel free to leave your own.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Um, God is the star, I guess.

2. God made you Jewish. That's the most fundamental point of leaving Egypt.

3. The same reason 5 million American Jews didn't make aliyah.

4. It would have been enough... reason to give thanks. (See what comes after Dayenu.)

3/24/2007 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home