Monday, March 12, 2007

Ants in the Hametz

The super-colony that extends from the backyard, along the walkway, under the (cracked) floating concrete pad under the house, and probably into the next state, has finally found the hametz in the upper cabinets. Even the Girl Scout cookies!! :-(

So, we can either break out the tupperware to store everything in for the next month, or start tossing entire boxes of food. I HATE to waste food ( something about starving children in 3rd world countries, plus the grocery bill), but I also hate ants. Hmm, I should ask the rabbi if this treyfs everything and I have to toss it anyway...

Our usual routine is to pack up all the unopened hametz and take it to the local food bank, and donate all the opened stuff to grad students, but I suspect even they would reject food full of vermin.

2 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

Mulch it. Compost. Zap it in the micro wave first to kill the ants - unless you want thousands of little insectoid jackboots tromping through your heap.

I discovered the other night that girlscout cookies are not good for dinner. It took a box of them for me to discover that fact.

3/13/2007 6:25 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

:D

thanks for suggestion.

3/14/2007 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home