Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mommy Thermostat

Warning! This post contains information from a breastfeeding mother that is NOT exactly tznius (modest) for general male consumption.





OK, are you still there?


(perverts) ;)


So, last week, one of my coworkers started complaining that the office was too warm. I think she sits right under a heating vent, or eats too many chili peppers, because the ambient temp here usually hovers in the high 60's - warm enough to be comfortable, but not so warm that modest clothing makes you uncomfortable.

Well, someone must have listened to her (or perhaps it was just the 22 degree weather outside the GIANT WINDOWS lining one wall), because yesterday I distinctly noticed it was colder.

Cold enough, in fact, that I was wearing my sweater AND a scarf while working at my desk.

Cold enough that when I went in to our small conference room to pump milk for my son, and raised my shirt up, I actually swore. No joke. (I'll let you guess which words I chose.)

Now, you may think you know cold offices. You may rant about how quickly your coffee gets cold, or your fingers go numb. But if you have never had to bare your midriff under a vent simply to keep your children fed, you don't know cold. Trust me.

1 Comments:

Blogger חנה מיכאל said...

oh yes, I remember moments like this! 15 minutes of freezing...yup. That was fun... Then they moved us mommies to a bathroom to do this...
even funner. lol

2/12/2007 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home