Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Smallpox pie

Since I'm not allowed to read from James Loewen's works at the family Thanksgiving dinner, perhaps I will show my true feelings about the day ala Marge Simpson, via my food prep:

Smallpox pie

  1. Prepare one recipe Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
  2. During assembly, insert small plastic dolls/figures and fresh cranberries into the trifle
  3. Dot top with fresh cranberries
Present with a flourish, announcing that the one who raids the most native graves (ie., finds the most doll parts) while avoiding contracting smallpox (eating a cranberry) wins.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is hysterical. and spoken like a true oregonian. (when we moved to massachusetts, my husband couldn't believe that we got columbus day off.)

11/25/2009 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps, i read this aloud at our thanksgiving dinner!

11/30/2009 1:41 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

Oh no you di'nt!!! (now I'm blushing)

By the way, the trifle was freaking delicious. I finished the last of it yesterday.

11/30/2009 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes i did!

12/02/2009 4:19 PM  
Anonymous slim said...

that is hysterical.

1/13/2010 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home