Thursday, July 12, 2007

8 Things About Tzippy

AKO tagged me again. Another blogger "game" to help us pretend anyone is actually interested in us and/or our weird personal habits. Sigh. (Says she who is going to post it anyway because, well, why not?)

[Actually, Rabbi Without a Cause did this one a week or two ago and I quite enjoyed it then.]

The Rules:

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged.

1. I don't know 8 other bloggers well enough to tag them with this silly thing.

2. On my desk I have a Far Side cartoon, framed in a sparkly mirrored frame. A female cow (I know, that's redundant) with pointy glasses is standing in front of a bunch of other cows who are sitting in chairs facing her. Behind her is a bookcase and a window, through which we see, appropriately, rolling hills. One cow is holding a steaming mug of something (coffee is implied) despite his lack of opposable thumbs. She reads from a piece of paper:

Distant Hills

The distant hills call to me.
Their rolling waves seduce my heart
Oh, how I long to graze in their lush valleys
Oh, how I want to run down their green slopes.
Alas, I cannot.

Damn the electric fence!
Damn the electric fence!

Thank you.

3. I am an only child.

4. I have been using rice milk on my cereal instead of cow milk for the last 9 months, and darned if I don't now find the taste of real milk to be slightly weird.

5. I am definitely a cat person, not a dog person. You will know much about me from this simple fact.

6. When I am emotionally distraught, my instinct is to (wait for it) COOK.
(Lordy, I AM a Jewish mother!)

7. I secretly wish I were much more spiritual, aware, observant, and believing than I actually am.
Oh wait, I guess that's not a secret now.

8. I have a horrible, horrible time trying to adjust to sudden changes in my schedule or plans, and cannot stand planning things with people who like to "wing it," with the exception of one particular friend in whom it is one of his charms. (And when dealing with him, we simply leave large blocks of unplanned time open for whatever "adventure" he finds us.)

So, I think I will tag Bad Cohen and Back of the Hill, although I invite CG the homeless KDB to add his 8 things here, in the comments, if he wishes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Awesome!!

7/16/2007 6:32 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

Okay then. I have memed and infected others.

7/16/2007 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home