Thursday, June 07, 2012

Channeling Gloria Gaynor

I had four different post ideas all worked up for the last couple of weeks and then my aunt died, so instead I've been on the road with my mother and sorting through flower-print sweatshirts and costume jewelry that all smell vaguely of the one decent bottle of old-lady-perfume my aunt wore. I did come away with a new slang term though - Lutheran Lunch: this is any meal that includes at least one kind of Jello-fruit salad and two kinds of chopped-filling sandwiches.

Since today's also The Kid's last day of kindergarten, I'm not sure when I'll get to these post ideas. Or how I will survive being with my husband and son 24/7 for the next 10 weeks. You remember what happened last time. I'm thinking a strict schedule of sandbox time, drawing, and playground activities, possibly with swimming lessons thrown in... that should kill an hour a day.

Hopefully I'll be back online soon with exciting discussions of "What are you teaching OUTSIDE the classroom?" and "Finding a job when you hate networking."

3 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

I'm thinking lutefisk salad sandwich right now.

6/07/2012 3:56 PM  
Blogger Tzipporah said...

I'm so sorry. That's a terrible thing to be thinking.

6/08/2012 7:39 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

Head over to e-kvetcher for spam cocktail.

You'll be glad you did.

8/03/2012 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home