Thursday, January 10, 2008

Goals?

At the prompting of his HR dept., BoTH has outlined some great goals for the coming year:

Sleep more. Read interesting stuff. Understand the parshas better. Learn more of other languages. Stuff more into my memory. Eat things I haven't eaten before. Avoid dealing with the inane.

Which has led me to think about my real goals for the next year:

Get more excercise and more massages. Get baby Chalal on a consistent sleep schedule. Find a way to connect with my shul/community/spirituality despite having a full-time job, a toddler, and a sick husband in grad school. Do more girls' nights out with friends and good wine. Take a vacation. Lighten up. Have fun. Try new recipes. Have friends over at least once a week. Enjoy reading about the inane on blogs. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

Those are good goals.

Insofar as I am able, I am in complete accord.

Obviously a girl's night out is not on my list. The weekly pub-crawl with a former colleague from the second-had book trade (him still, me beancounting since) leaves me wrecked as is.

Rotgut red at Sams (run by Munzer AlShawa). Pint of Emperor Norton in the backroom of the local brewery while commenting on the zesty and insufficiently insulating clothing worn by the young ladies who cross the intersection (visible through the window). Several shots of Jameson's after hours while listening to Candy Wong scream at Fo-sam that he's an idiot, he jes' don' listen, he stoopid, don' touch the credit card machine...

When 'uncle' shows up for his brandy, with both an orange juice back and a pineapple juice back, we know it's time to stagger up the hill to our respective dwellings.

Adding girls to that event would drag it into the crack of dawn. The girls I know have more stamina than us faltering middle-aged wrecks.

1/14/2008 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home