Monday, April 24, 2006

Earth Day


It takes 12 acres of biologically productive land to supply my current lifestyle.

I took the Ecological Footprint quiz at earthday.net that Soferet Aviel Barclay pointed us to over the weekend. Wow. The website also said:

In comparison, the average ecological footprint in your country is 24 acres per person.
Worldwide, there exist 4.5 biologically productive acres per person.
IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.6 PLANETS


I get points for eating local, organic food, sharing a car with my hubby (carpooling), and not using huge amounts of electricity. On the downside, I eat too much meat (knew that), should walk more (my midwives agree), and should probably try to change my habits to take better advantage of daylight hours. But my goodness, what is everyone else in the country doing? 24 acres?? Geez.

VERY thought-provoking. Thanks, Aviel!

1 Comments:

Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
Oh, sure, no problem!
Sorry I never commented until now - I only just discovered your blog a few mnutes ago. It's great!
:)

6/16/2006 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home