Monday, February 14, 2011

Dictator is an unstable career choice

When I do the Meyers-Briggs personality type thing, I always end up as INTJ.
In essence, driven to understand things and then put them into practice - without any outside input, thankyouverymuch. Can't stand being "managed" let alone micromanaged, and very tough on others, with my high expectations. Equally tough on myself.

The common moniker for this type is The Mastermind (no I'm not making that up).

I've been using this to try to figure out my next career move, and happened on another personality test with a different set of criteria - the "SLOAN" test (which seems fairly ridiculous), but I loved my result: I have an "egocentric" personality. It also suggested a list of possible careers, headed off by dictator, assassin, international spy, entrepreneur, and stock broker.

Unfortunately, dictator doesn't seem like a good career move right now.

The Revolution will not be televised. It will, however, be Tweeted.

I thought it would be fun to compare the two test results' career recommendations - surely, anywhere there's an overlap, I've got an affinity, right?

Aeronautical Engineer, Astronomer, Writer/Editor, Computer Programmer, Investment/Business Analyst, Judge, Management Consultant, Military Officer/Mercenary/Military Intelligence, Strategic Planner

Interestingly, I've already done 3 of these professions. Guess which ones.

Also, too bad that "assassin" wasn't on the INTJ list. I hear they make good money.

5 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

Aeronautical Engineer, Astronomer, Writer/Editor, Computer Programmer, Investment/Business Analyst, Judge, Management Consultant, Military Officer/Mercenary/Military Intelligence, Strategic Planner

My guess: Astronomer, Writer/Editor, Strategic Planner.

2/15/2011 3:56 PM  
Blogger Bad Cohen said...

well, you got one right.

2/15/2011 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Love these tests! Its been forever since I've taken one but I think they're fascinating. I always found myself peaking over others' shoulders to, you know, see what they got!

As for the careers, hmm--Writer/Editor, Computer Analyst and Entrepreneur?!

2/19/2011 8:34 AM  
Blogger The Rebbetzin's Husband said...

Writer/Editor
Computer Programmer
Military Officer/Mercenary/Military Intelligence

2/24/2011 12:18 PM  
Blogger Creed Of Noah said...

http://creedofnoah.blogspot.com

Please add this to your blogroll (& encourage your fellow bloggers to add my blog or add it to their social networking sites) to help spread the awareness of encouraging acts of goodness & kindness among ALL people. Appreciated!

3/16/2011 4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home